Managing Director, Resource Training (division of Fortune 500 Aon Corporation), 2001 - 2009
Full P&L responsibility for process improvement initiative with American Honda Motor Company (AHM) and Volvo Cars North America (VCNA), affecting 1,600 franchisees and 1,200 field personnel. Responsible for 51 consultants and managers working directly with over 850 AHM and VCNA franchisees on process and retention improvement, currently managing an annual expense budget of $8.6 million.
- Named US leader of companyís new consulting vertical focusing on retail performance improvement.
- Improved project margin by 28%, contributing $9.1 million in total net profit for the project over three years.
- Coauthored, with AHM senior management, Dealership Validation Process, the standard for measuring implementation of AHMís nationwide customer loyalty initiative, used by all 1,250 franchisees.
- Authored and delivered Dealership Validation Process training to 8,400+ individuals in the US, and used by Honda Canada.
- Authored Continuous Improvement Process training delivered to 1,100+ individuals in 2005.
- Developed Return on Investment (ROI) focus to energize franchisee process improvement efforts, resulting in $20+ million in documented financial improvements for 2005 & 2006.
- Developed and personally delivered numerous presentations at the request of AHM management to thousands of company and franchisee employees in audiences up to 250.
- Trusted advisor to senior AHM management, creating presentations and communications on request.
Vice President-Sales & Marketing, American Sound & Video (division of California Medical Association), 1999 - 2001
Recruited into failing business to mitigate overwhelming financial challenges. Developed workable turnaround plan that was not adopted by the board, resulting in the companyís liquidation after my departure.
- Negotiated Canadian alliance that boosted gross margin 15% on major product line.
- Increased overall margins by 11% by developing new pricing model and re-sourcing raw materials.
Senior Vice President, Penske Auto Centers (division of Fortune 500 Penske Corporation), 1997 - 1999
Full P&L responsibility for division generating $65 million in revenue. 900 employees at 181 locations in 15 states. 21 direct reports including 2 VPs.
- Contributed 46% of the total corporate annual gross profit increase with only 19% of the total locations.
- Directed 14% ($1.2 million) increase in operating profit, double company average and best of any division.
- Reduced variable expenses 10% in first year.
- Created and implemented first operating plan in company history, detailing methods used to achieve goals.
- Developed training and marketing materials responsible for greatly improved margins and employee satisfaction.
Project Manager, Aon Consulting (division of Fortune 500 Aon Corporation), 1996 - 1997
Grew initial pilot project into major performance improvement initiative with Penske Auto Centers nationwide. Built a team of eight consultants to deliver training to 1,200+ Auto Center Managers and coach 70+ district managers and vice presidents in auto center operations.
- Team drove 13% increase in clientís sales per invoice, resulting in a corresponding increase in revenue of $18.5 million.
- Managed the delivery of sales training to 1,200+ client management personnel in 49 states.
- Oversaw design, development and operation of pilot call center to handle customer scheduling for entire chain.
- Guided executive management during major corporate restructuring.
Other experience includes positions in sales, marketing and general management. Fluent in XHTML, CSS and Flash. Conversational in PHP and MySQL.
MBA, University of Oregon, Marketing, 1984; BS, California State University Sacramento, Business & English, 1983